We decided to stick closer to home and have our adventure here in Vancouver.
The Pearson Air Museum is close by, and we went to visit! It is located in a large hangar in Fort Vancouver, near Officer's Row and downtown Vancouver.
|The rudders and tail fin wiggle on this one! The propeller spins too.|
|Here is part of the museum. There is so much more!|
|The museum is housed in this hangar.|
They even had a Snoopy plane. Molly is pretty crazy about Snoopy ever since her Grammy showed her "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown". She thinks Snoopy is hilarious. Though I am not sure she was as impressed with the Red Baron plane as I was.
As we walked through the parking lot when we were finished with the museum, we smelled something wonderful. I had heard that there was a wonderful bakery nearby, so we followed our noses.
The Julia Bakery is located not *too* far from Pearson Air Museum! We had to get out the GPS to find it though :). Molly chose a cookie, I had a blueberry scone, and Marshall had a bun with prosciotto, ham, and olives baked inside. We all liked our choices.
Today I am grateful for:
1. Healthy kids! I am probably jinxing it, but everyone has been healthy for awhile.
2. Family to share holidays with!
3. Intermittent sunny weather.
4. A great crafting room to sew in. I know I am lucky to have one!
5. My Dads! I have two, and one has a birthday today! Happy birthday Dad! (Ha, just realized he used to oversee/something the Pearson Air Field when he worked for the city. What a coincidence!)