Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Pattern Review and a Birthday Present

My cousin's birthday was in late September and I wanted to try something new.  I had purchased Terry Atkinson's Cash and Carry pattern this summer, and I had the perfect fabric for my cousin- swedish fish!
Yay! A completed project!
The pattern was great. It was easy to follow and I think it turned out almost like the picture. Molly even helped with this one. She was so sad to see it go that we started to make her one too. We still need to finish it!
I tried the top pattern in this picture.
I like the squishiness that the fusible fleece gives the pouch, but it wasn't easy to push through my sewing machine. I am trying Molly's pouch with flannel inside instead, and we will see how that works out.  

It's a little slanted on the sides- next time I won't cut the zipper down so much.
I had everything I needed in my stash for this project!  I love that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Dear Spring Green! I welcome your comments, and love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...